Monday, April 26, 2010

Exploring

Today was our first with nothing on the agenda. We ventured to downtown Eau Claire, which according to the locals is "clear across town". Actually, it was only 4.5 miles away, but Eau Claire is big by Wisconsin standards. It's also quite clear that none of these folks have any idea what San Diego is like. I shocked some people yesterday when I said we had fences around our yards (nobody here does). And, when I asked the nurse at the hospital if we should use bottled or tap water with Everett's formula, she asked me if we lived in town. I told her it was pretty much all town.

Anyway, downtown Eau Claire was very quaint with cute shops and cafes, and worth the trek across town.

Walking bridge over the Eau Claire River.




Spring has sprung here and these trees are in full bloom everywhere!



Downtown.




Everett in the "desk turned changing table" in our room. Dennis said he'd never seen someone move so much furniture in a hotel room before. I'm now referring to this place as our apartment.


We are constantly commenting on how long Everett is. I think it's because Amanda stayed balled up with bent knees for at least a month. This little guy constantly has one leg straight out.


Our baby burrito in his crib for the night...well until Dennis realized that 20 minutes later he was still awake and swooped him up.


No comments:

Post a Comment